Thursday, September 4, 2014

What Am I Doing

Summer just sucked my blogging out of me.  It was a disappointing summer.  I hoped the shop would have more business.  I keep making changes.  Trying to find unique things to draw people in the door.  It is shocking how many people in this little village have never been through the doors.  I will never understand it.  We do not have very many shops in town.  Any time a new one opens, I am thrilled.  Of course I am going to go and see what it has to offer.  Just crazy to me.  But, there is nothing I can do about it. 
I am at a cross road.  Do I stay with this and continue to make change?  Hope eventually more people come through the door.  Do I make a major change and sink even more money into this place?  That would be turning into a fancy coffee place or getting ice cream equipment.  Each would be fairly expensive.  Biggest decision, do I walk away.  Do I admit I cannot make money doing this and end it? 
This is what is on my mind right now.  All tough decisions.  I have put way too much money into Coco's in the 14 months it has been open.  I have learned so much.  I have met so many amazing people.  It has allowed me to become more involved in my community.  It has allowed me to interact more with kids.  I love that.  So many positive.
There are negatives besides the huge one of not making money.  I get super bored.  I am not stimulated intellectually.  When business is slow, I start feeling down.  I refuse to let myself look at this as a failure.  No matter what I decide, this has been one of the most amazing things I have ever done in my life.
So people, there it is.  This is what consumes me right now.  I have a booth out of town this week-end.  Two weeks it is our Harvest Celebration in town.  After that, I look at making a serious decision. 
More to come.......

3 comments:

  1. Praying that the right decision comes to you. I admire you so much for having the nerve to pursue your dream. If you had not done this you would have always wondered. That takes lots of backbone!
    Hockeygram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hockeygram. You have give me some positive feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was going to say ICE CREAM! but Hockeygram is right. I will not pray for what i want (that doesn't really effect me) and pray for you to find peace in the right decision to move forward. xo

    ReplyDelete